Congratulations to our students!
The studio has had a very busy and successful year. Our students have participated in numerous music recitals, festivals, auditions, exams and competitions, as part of local, statewide, as well as national and international music associations. I am so proud of everyone! Click here to read about student accomplishments and this year’s outstanding results of the National Piano Guild Auditions.
New Studio Layout
To welcome the new school year, I have rearranged the layout of the studio and purchased some new equipments. The studio is equipped with:
- Kawai RX 2 Grand Piano
- M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 Midi Keyboard
- Blue Yeti Pro Professional Recording Microphone
- JVC HDD Camcorder
- Sibelius Music Notation Software
- Pedal Extender Stool
Programs Offered by the Studio
We will continue to hold two studio recitals a year (Summer and Winter), as well as participation in many outside recitals and auditions, including:
- student recitals hosted by the Temecula Valley Music Teachers Association – Temecula United Methodist Church and Grace Presbyterian Church, held throughout the year
- student recitals hosted by Music Teachers Association of California Temecula Valley – Temecula Public Library, held throughout the year
- National Piano Guild auditions – May and July
- California Certificate of Merit – Feb/March
- California Association of Professional Music Teachers Piano and Ensemble Auditions – November
- Temecula Spring Music Festival – April/May
- Temecula Young Artist Piano Competition – June
- Music Teachers National Association Study Award – completion of every two years of private lessons
- Music Teachers National Association Music Achievement Award Program
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music Exams
As always, I will list the available events in monthly studio newsletters – interested students need to register promptly as all deadlines will be strictly adhered to. If anyone comes across news of other music festivals or competitions that may be of interest to our students, please do not hesitate to pass on the information to me. These events are totally optional, but do help to motivate the students to practice more, as well as give recognition for hard work and a job well done. If you are not sure whether a particular event is suitable for your current level of ability, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Music Teachers Helper
The studio will be using student management tools through Music Teachers Helper, a software designed to help music teachers manage student database and invoicing. If you have not already done so, you may register online for a username and password. Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions regarding your lesson reminders and invoices.
I am pleased to announce that I have completed certification renewal for Music Teachers National Association. This is a national certification; I was first certified in 2006. The initial certification procedure was lengthy, involving submission of academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, record of performance and teaching experience, portfolio of teaching philosophy and lesson plans, and record of student achievements. The initial certification was due for renewal after five years. To earn my renewal, I submitted the following documentation to show my continued commitment for professionalism and professional and personal growth:
- Successfully entered numerous students for adjudicated events, including NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association), National Piano Guild Auditions, CAPMT Piano Auditions, California Certificate of Merit, ABRSM Music Exams
- Served as Piano Adjudicator for NYSSMA
- Volunteered in local music teachers associations (served as recital chairs, board member)
- Presented solo and collaborative performances
- Attended Music Teachers Conventions (California Association of Professional Music Teachers Convention 2010, 2011)
- Published articles
- Continued study through private lessons and graduate courses
- Attended Music Publishers Teacher Workshops – new method books, teaching resources
I have also recently received ACM Certification – American College of Musicians, based on having successfully prepared at least 25 National and International student winners for the National Piano Guild Auditions.
I do believe that continued growth is very important for a teacher. Every time I help a student learn a piece of music or prepare for a music audition or exam, I am also learning to be a better teacher through getting to know the various syllabi, learning newly published repertoire and methods, as well as finding ways to help the student overcome individual challenges.
Over the years, I have taught many different personalities and skill abilities. From my beginner students, I have learned to be more patient and sympathetic, my intermediate students have made me more efficient and resourceful, and my more advanced students inspire me to continue learning myself. All and all, my students have helped me to become a better teacher everyday, and I am very grateful for that!
Thank you for choosing me as your piano teacher, and for allowing me to be a part of your lives!